ProADM proven to be the best risk predictor
New biomarker ProADM
The new biomarker ProADM significantly improves risk assessment of patients suffering from lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI)
An early risk assessment of LRTI patients is essential for optimizing treatment and rational resource allocation. Adrenomedullin (ADM) has a significant presence in the course of LRTI and is strongly associated with a patient’s risk of mortality and severe complications. ADM reflects a patient’s risk profile while its elevation is independent of the LRTI etiology.
A robust method to assess ADM levels is the measurement of a stable surrogate marker, the mid-regional fragment of ProAdrenomedullin (MR-proADM). The only available automated immunoassay is from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Features of ProADM (MR-proADM) measurement
• Directly reflective of ADM production in a 1:1 ratio
• Increased stability relative to ADM
• Reliably measurable with the automated Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S MR-proADM KRYPTOR immunoassay
• Well documented for clinical use
• Rapidly available to aid timely clinical decision-making (assay incubation time 29 minutes)
• Small sample volume (26µL)
• Measurement in EDTA plasma
>> read more on www.thermoscientific.com/ProAdrenomedullin